All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Christain Tromm
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 54

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  17:04:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank-you Jackie,

I understand the logic in this.

I almost feel that Cristian wished to stay 'hidden', but this is not 'joined-up thinking'..!

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

Kċarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  17:33:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jungfigh

Thank-you Jackie,

I almost feel that Cristian wished to stay 'hidden', but this is not 'joined-up thinking'..!

I have also thought along the same lines from he named his father Donald or that he had other reasons.
I have visited your pages every day to look for news

Kċre
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  18:34:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it is too bad about no positive results from a lot of the record sources in England. But Cristian only had between 17 and 22 years to make a mark in the records. That is not a lot of time for anyone, whether they had ulterior motives or not.

My 100% Norwegian ancestry grandmother remaked to me one time "to find the right one, a hundred you must try." I laughed at her and teased her "that you didn't follow your own advice, You stopped at the first one --Grandpa..." She said "no there were 3 others." To which I said "why am I hearing this for the first time? Tell me their names..." She said "I will not."

It was her business, not my business.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  18:55:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kċarto

quote:

Thank-you Jackie,

I have also thought along the same lines from he named his father Donald or that he had other reasons.
I have visited your pages every day to look for news

Kċre

Thank-you Kċre.
I'm sure we will get there.

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  18:57:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jkmarler

Well, it is too bad about no positive results from a lot of the record sources in England. But Cristian only had between 17 and 22 years to make a mark in the records. That is not a lot of time for anyone, whether they had ulterior motives or not.

My 100% Norwegian ancestry grandmother remaked to me one time "to find the right one, a hundred you must try." I laughed at her and teased her "that you didn't follow your own advice, You stopped at the first one --Grandpa..." She said "no there were 3 others." To which I said "why am I hearing this for the first time? Tell me their names..." She said "I will not."

A true sage, hey Jackie..?

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

David Yaw
Medium member

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  19:04:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The death cert of aunt Crissie would be the first to get. She died the closest to the last record of Cristian. Memories may have been fresher when she died. etc.etc Then Rose's because she was the oldest and knew Cristian the longest and maybe she talked to someone about him and got it recorded on her d.c.

But the d.c. of each & all the children should be collected as they would all be equally valuable.

And I'm still waiting to hear from the Bergen archive about the sailor records...

Derek, Jackie, - just a point of detail on this. As far as I am aware, UK death certificates do NOT normally include any info about the PARENTS of the deceased. They do include info on address of deceased, cause of death, and who is reporting that death - but Cristian pre-deceased all his children. It might be better to start with the full BIRTH certificates of all the children - they do include the names of both parents, and there may just be a clue if one or more shows a middle name for Cristian as has been suggested.
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  19:50:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
David, thanks for the information on British d.c.--I'm thinking like an American, so bow to better experience.
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  19:54:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

A true sage, hey Jackie..?

Quite. A true one of a kind!
Go to Top of Page

FrankTompson
Starting member

United Kingdom
22 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2014 :  23:51:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Derek et al,

As I think I may have mentioned a while back, another long-shot you might want to try is Riccardo (Rico) Peri, Rose Thompson's grandchild, who has a Facebook tag of https://www.facebook.com/rperi1. He lives on the Isle of Skye and is a motorbike nut.

I've been fleetingly in touch with him but not for a while.

Still looking for a decent DNA lab but it rather looks like 'you pays your money and takes your chance'. More shortly.

Cheers,

Frank T
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 23/01/2014 :  09:44:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's interesting Frank...In my insular mode I never knew of his existence.

Also still awaiting a reply from New Scotland Yard for a list of their approved DNA labs.

I was surprised that the Met. forensic lab. had shut. It was world renowned for its expertise, and, forces from all over the globe used its facilities.

Price cuts in the name of austerity I suspect.

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2014 :  06:30:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't posted for the past few days:

Grandfather Cristian hasn't been forgotten about, but, my outstanding lines of inquiry are slow in forthcoming.

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2014 :  06:21:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A while ago I went down this route, more in hope than expectancy, but, is this an Eureka moment..? The bottom line gives me more confidence than I had yesterday in the mystery which is Cristian Tomson.

Re. Tomson (Forces war record search).

Dear Derek

Thank you for your recent request to hire a researcher on www.forces-war-records.co.uk

Our researcher has looked at your enquiry and is confident of finding the person you are looking for. He has left the following message for you:

Thank you for your enquiry which I am happy to accept. I shall be searching for his service record, any details of his unit and medal information.
Please will you email me on lawrence.woodcock@btinternet.com so as I can send you the research when complete. The research should be with you in about 10 days.
Many thanks
Lawrence Woodcock
Researcher
PS - I can tell you that I have traced his service record!

Regards,
www.forces-war-records.co.uk

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2014 :  08:48:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fab! Can hardly wait to see!
Go to Top of Page

jungfigh

Malta
326 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2014 :  09:22:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Snap..! Jackie.

Obviously I have replied to Mr Woodcock explaining all the kick-backs I have had with regard Cristian's Army record. Everyone in authority I have spoken with previously assured me Cristian's Army record, with thousands of others were destroyed by enemy action in WW2. I outlined this to Mr W. I was also told some time ago that although thousands of these records were 'destroyed' charred remains of such were kept by a visionary who thought that years down the line the remains could be accessed through scientific means...perhaps this is what may have happened. It also shews me the difference between a professional researcher and a 'dabbler' like me..!

DL. ;o) Malta. G.C.
Go to Top of Page

JaneC
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3020 Posts

Posted - 30/01/2014 :  19:42:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Crossing fingers Derek!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 54 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article