All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Maren Sophie Olofsdtr b. 1815
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

jcjens

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2007 :  14:52:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once again, THANK YOU so very much!

J. Jensen
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  13:20:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have looked at the fact that Ole Hendriksen was from Lukashougen, which I assumed was the same as Løvhougen in the 1801 census, and can inform you that Lukashougen was a farm within the boundaries of Løvhougen which in area was one of the biggest in Grue. Your Ole is # 4230 in that census!
From the "bygdebok" I have found that Ole was born in 1780 and that his parents were Henrik Karlsen from Fald in Hof (b 1745, d. 1801) married to Kari Jensdatter (baptized July 2 1749, d. 1811) Easter sunday in 1776.
Karis parents were Jens Johansen (baptized Sept 10 1724, d. 1797) and Berthe Danielsdatter Lystadhagen (about 1719 - d. June 24 1787)
Berthes parents were Daniel Johansen, Steensrud and Kari Olsdatter.
Jens Johansens parents were Johan Jensen (b. about 1681) and Kari Andersdatter (b. about 1687).
Lukashougen is situated in Finnskogen - a forest area where people from Finland settled around 1600. Løvhaugen is a farm from around 1620-30.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 11/12/2007 14:59:25
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2007 :  16:32:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the right hand page, top left column is Oles baptismal record see here
Trinitates in 1780 was May 21.
At the midle of the right hand column on the right hand page
here you will find the first Ole baptized Oct 4 1778 that Henrich and Kari had.
The first child of Henrich and Kari was Jens, baptized 4th sunday after Trin. here

If Oles father was Henrich Carlsen from Hof, he was a twin - his brother was Niels - they were baptized Sept 12 1745.
However Oles father could also be Henrich Carlsen from Tysketorpet in Grue, born Dec 26 1846 - more research has to be done on this.
Henrich Karlsen, Lucashougen at bottom of page burried Jan 1801 53 years old, see
here
could indicate that the Henrich from Tysketorpet is the right one.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 16/12/2007 11:54:49
Go to Top of Page

jcjens

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2007 :  06:57:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow! What wonderful information you have given me!! Thank you so much!

I do have another translation question for Christopher Nielsen and Maren Oulfsdatter's daugther baptism record at: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?show=76&uid=430&urnread_imagesize=full&hode=nei&ls=1
Aker, Oslo 18-48-1852 baptism records page 146.
Does it say her birthdate is 3 Nov and what year? Our family records so that she was born in 1850 but this record shows she was baptised on 30 Nov 1851. Also, what does the "Gronland" at the bottom mean?
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 27/12/2007 :  12:04:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The record you refer to is the parish clerks record, the main record you will find as #268
here it is clear that Nicoline Marie was born Nov 3 1851 and baptized Nov 30 same year.
"Grønland" is the area in Oslo (Kristiania) where the parents were living at that time.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

jcjens

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  06:55:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eibache

"uægte" means the child was born out of wedlock. In the column for date of birth it says do. meaning as above March 5 in Brandvold Church. In the column for parents it reads "Moderen Pige Mari Larsdatter Hanestadsæteren udlegger til Barnetsfader Huusmandssøn Ole Hendriksen Lukashougen. Begge 1ste Leiermål" - The mother maiden Mari Larsdatter Hanestadsæteren claims as the childs father cotters son Ole Hendriksen Lukashougen. The first child born out of wedlock for both.
Ole Hendriksen was living at Lukashougen, whether he was born there it does not say. In the 1801 census there are two Ole Henriksen on the farm Løvhaugen (possibly the same as Lukashougen) the one you are interested in could be #4236.

Hello eibache,
Thank you, once again, for everything you have helped me with! I am wondering what the word "Hanestadsæteren" means that comes after Maren's mother name, Mari Larsdatter in the above text you sent? I do not know for sure where she is from and I am wondering if this will give me any clues.

Thank you!
J. Jensen
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  10:50:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hanestad is a farm in Brandval and sæteren means a mountain pasture - possibly a cotters place under Hanestad.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

jcjens

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  22:11:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eibache

Hanestad is a farm in Brandval and sæteren means a mountain pasture - possibly a cotters place under Hanestad.

Thank you again!!! I appreciate all your help in finding our Norwegian ancestors! I believe I have found Maren Sophie's mother, Mari Larsdatter. Could you once again translate the following digital record?
in Grue 1774-1792 page 522 second from the bottom entry #142
at - http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?uid=2072&urnread_imagesize=full&show=266#toppen
It is baptism of Mari Larsdatter on 21 Nov 1790 in Grue, Hedmark. I believe it is her because it says "Hanestad" after her name... and it would be about the correct year.
I looked in the 1801 census and found the following family living on the farm "Hannestad". Do you think this is my Mari's family?
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=3&filnamn=f10423&gardpostnr=35&personpostnr=1818&merk=1818#ovre
35 Hedemarkens Grue Grue Hannestad
1815 Lars Gustavsen Mand 40 Begge i første ægteskab Huusmand med jord M
1816 Marthe Olsdtr Hans kone 47 Begge i første ægteskab K
1817 Ole Larsen Deres søn 17 Ugivt M
1818 Marie Larsdtr Deres datter 11 K

Thank you so very much for all your time spent in helping me! ! ! !
J. Jensen
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2007 :  23:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Entry #142 says "Mari Larsdt. fra Hanestadsætra Forældre Lars Gustavsen og Marte Olsdt Faddere Mari Olsdt Haardaasen, Olea Larsdt Hougen, Brede Halstensen Skiølie, Jon Olsen Røy, Lars Olsen Breen" - Mari Larsdatter from Hanestadæter Parents Lars Gustavsen and Marte Olsdatter Godparents ------.
Since Maris parents are the same ones as in the 1801 census I think you hit bulls eye! You should be able to find Lars and Martes marriage record as well as their baptismal records.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 30/12/2007 23:10:51
Go to Top of Page

jcjens

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2007 :  02:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! You're the greatest!!

Go to Top of Page

jcjens

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2007 :  04:10:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My oh my... these records are very difficult for me to read! However, I do think I have found another daughter also named "Mari" born to Lars Gustavson and Marte Olsdatter.
Would you once again be so kind as to transcribe it for me if you think it is them? It is at: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?uid=14337&urnread_imagesize=full&show=75#bunnen
Grue, Hedmark 1774-1792 - on page 142 in 1780 - entry is at the bottom of the left page but in the right hand column of the page.
I have gone through 1775 to 1780 and not found their marriage as yet. Perhaps I missed it because it is difficult to read... or they were married somewhere else??? I will keep looking... I am so thrilled to have all this new information on our ancestors... can you tell I'm having fun? :-)
Thanking you again!!
J. Jensen
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2007 :  05:16:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is the same parents "Døbt" - baptized Lars Gustavsen og Marte Olsdt Hannestadsæterens "barn" - child Mari "Fdr" (Faddere) Godparents Ole Olsen "og" - and Ragnild Olsdt Røi, ? "og" - and Peder Hannestad, Peder Gustavsen Svennerud, Olea Eriksdt ?
Mari was baptized April 23 and burried May 14, see page 144, left page right column #3 from the top - she was 3 uker gammel - 3 weeks old.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

DALB
Medium member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2007 :  06:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Grue Transcripts has -
Marriage - 1778 Nov 1 Lars Gustavsen Hannestad & Olea Olsd Botner

(on the parish record, you will see that her first name is illegible)

Marriage of Lars Gustavsen - page 99 - first entry on the top of the far right hand column - parish records

Kildeinformasjon: Hedmark fylke, Grue, Ministerialbok nr. 3 (1774-1792), Kronologisk liste 1778, side 98-99.
Permanent sidelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=9151&idx_id=9151&uid=ny&idx_side=-53
Permanent bildelenke: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20070603240465.jpg

I believe it is her brother at the Hanestadseteren in the Brandval Bygdebok page 507 -
this is all it says about this farm.

Hanestadseteren
var en tid utlagt til plassbruk. I 1820 bodde Ola Larsen der. Han ble gift i 1816 med Johanne Johannesdatter. Han var født i 1783 og hun i 1795.

Transcripts - Brandval - Marriage 1816 Oct 26
Ole Larsen Hanestadsatern 33 & Johanne Johansd Hanestad 21

birth - Grue 1783 15 Sun aft Trinity # 91 Ole Lars Gustavsen Hanestad & Marthe Olsdtr.

death Brandval - 1817 June 15 - Ole Larsen Harestad 32

Marriage - 1818 Feb 22 Poul Pedersen Kakneset 21
& enke Johanne Johansd Hanesstadsatern 22

Go to Top of Page

jcjens

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2007 :  09:30:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is wonderful information! THANK YOU!!

I am wondering about the marriage record of 1778 Nov 1 Lars Gustavsen Hannestad & Olea Olsd Botner? My question about this is where or what is "Botner"? Is it a place that she is from or another surname? I usually do Dutch research and I know sometimes people have taken the name of where they lived as their surname... so perhaps this is what Marte (Olea?) Olsd has done? Another question is I am wondering if her name is Marte, Marthe or now Olea? I will have to do more research and see what I can find on this mystery...
Thank you again for your help!
J. Jensen
Go to Top of Page

DALB
Medium member

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2007 :  15:12:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe the transcriber just tried to decipher the name shown on the parish record and chose Olea (probably because she could have been named for the father Ole) - the name likely should be Marte/ Marthe - spellings were not important, as you will find out in the records as you continue to research.

Botner is another farm in Brandval - starts on page 526. The Brandval Bygdebok is not very generous in giving out the names of wives and children. She could have lived at the Botner farm or have been working there. I don't read Norwegian text well, but so far I have not come across a connection to her.

The farm name/place name is used much like an address - it would change every time they moved to a different place.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article