All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 Norwegians in America
 Searching Tobias A Hansen b 1861
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

KarenHansenSanders
Starting member

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  23:24:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to take this space to give my heartfelt thanks to jkmarler and lyndal40 for taking on my project so quickly and enthusiastically. I apologize for the long delay in getting back to you both. With the help that each of you gave me, I was able to determine that my great grandfather, Tobias Andrew Hansen did indeed start out in life as Tobias Andreas Tolfson (tollsen). he came to America in 1881 with the Larsens, two years later married one of them, and eventually became a citizen of the US and officially changed his name. I found out more bits and pieces about his long life and now know where his family came from in Norway so when My family goes there we will be able to find our ancestral roots.
Go to Top of Page

jkmarler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
7765 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2020 :  18:45:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lyndal40

Here is the arrival of the group. Malvine is actually 10 years older than this list and must be Helene Petreine.

Hewikka Larsen (Henrikke)
7 Jul 1881 abt 1829 Glasgow, Scotland and Larne, Ireland Norwegian State of Indiana

Tobias Larsen
7 Jul 1881 abt 1861 Glasgow, Scotland and Larne, Ireland Norwegian State of Indiana

Ludwig Larsen
7 Jul 1881 abt 1865 Glasgow, Scotland and Larne, Ireland Norwegian State of Indiana

Marrius Larsen
7 Jul 1881 abt 1870 Glasgow, Scotland and Larne, Ireland Norwegian State of Indiana

Hans Larsen
7 Jul 1881 abt 1827 Glasgow, Scotland and Larne, Ireland Norwegian State of Indiana

Malvine Larsen (probably Hellene Petriene)
7 Jul 1881 abt 1867 Glasgow, Scotland and Larne, Ireland Norwegian State of Indiana

Nina Larsen (probably Mina)
7 Jul 1881 abt 1871 Glasgow, Scotland and Larne, Ireland Norwegian State of Indiana

Hans Larsen
7 Jul 1881 abt 1873 Glasgow, Scotland and Larne, Ireland Norwegian State of Indiana

[url=https://postimages.org/][/url]

Their ship was called the State of Indiana?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article