All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Torstin
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cdahl
Medium member

USA
137 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  17:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still seeking family history on Torstin Olssøn as his name is written in the 1865 census where he and his wife Mali are living with his parents Ole Gunderssøn and Gaulaa Pedersd. Is there a "Bygdebok" for Hegra that shows the family heritage. Could it be possible that if Gunder #788 is their son that maybe he had a different mother? Gaulaa would have been 46 years old when Torstin was born and 25 years old when Gunder was born which is very possible. I need to "put this to bed" and go on with my history. Many thanks to all for your patience!

Jo Anne Sadler
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2007 :  18:10:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As Berta said, read the Posting Guidelines, you should continue in the same posting:

http://www.norwayheritage.com/snitz/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3149

You can also rent the LDS films on inter-library loan.

Yes, there are Bygdeboks for Hegra, I recommend you check some of the links on this site for lookup volunteers for your area, historical societies. Remember, bygdeboks are secondary resources based much on oral history and are fraught with errors. I have found some in my own family research, incorrect names, foster children listed as sons/daughters. You must view the actual church records for baptism/marriage/deaths to get the documented, correct information to have a properly researched family tree. So much of the gunk posted on the Internet is copied from other trees and not properly documented it makes one cringe.

There is no such thing in family history as "putting something to bed".

Edited by - Jo Anne Sadler on 03/03/2007 18:11:00
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2007 :  00:44:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mali Torgersdatter, is she?: Mali chr. Oct. 8 1854, 15 year and three monts old on Oct 8., church sources, Øvre Stjørdal (Hegra) 1850-1862, page 86, Bap. nr 33. She was daughter of Torger Olsen and Karen Torstensdatter, widow in 1865 census and living on cotters place Vollan with her son Torsten Torgersen and his family. http:/www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?. show=88&uid=22035&urnread_imagesize=full&hode=nei&ls=1
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article