All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Lunde/Morken Family from Sogn, Norway
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2008 :  18:18:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lester Hanson

I found Cassie's death record of 15 Mar 1812, age 50, which means she was born about 1761.

In my last post, I listed the other children of Adam Reutz. Either there was some change of parish bounderies or Adam moved between his third & fourth children and the rest. I haven't found the baptisms for Klaus Rumohr & Karen Christine.

Her brother Hans was baptised June 4th, 1762 in Luster, last entry on the page.

Sister Kirsti Ørbech was baptised 11 Aug 1763, also in Luster 2nd from the bottom, 2nd column.

The rest of the children were all baptised in Hafslo.

If you go back earlier in that Luster register, you'll find 1758 thru 1760 missing.

I've found secondary sourses that say the Adam Reutz & Karen Munte Rumohr married in Lærdal on 17 Jul 1758 are the parents (6h from bottom, left side), but the relationships listed in her will don't fit with the information that I've found. I'm not sure if that's due to transcription error or what, but I think I'll have to try to get my hands on a copy of that will to see for mysel & I've no idea where to get it.

quote:
The above sited parish record is the only one I can find for a Cassie born in 1761. But this record indicates her Father is name Schierven. The blured word after Cassie, could that be a Reutz?

Because Hans was bp in Jun 1762, she'd have to be born in early 1761 or in 1760. Claus was born about 1759. I haven't found the baptismal record for Claus either.

I think I read that Adam Reutz was some kind of merchant & his father originated in Pomerania (Germany) & if that's true, the two older children may have been baptised in Germany or some port city (Bergen?) or another possibility would be one of her relatives (her family is riddled with priests) in another parish did the honors for their first two children.
Go to Top of Page

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2008 :  20:54:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I have been able to trace Trond Torstien Mother's lineage back from Kari Bottolfsd, to her Mother Britta Erichsdtr baptized 22 Feb 1801

The Britte Erichdatter baptised on Feb 1801 died on Same source page as her baptism, though on the left side, so it almost looks like she died before she was baptised.

11 Oct 1764 Botolph Arnes. Hafslo Lunde married Caren Hermundd. Hafslo Opheim

A Hermund of Opheim died about 12/7/1790 (age 78) & left a will naming Britte in it (twice). The parish record doesn't give his last name (patronimic), but a will probate dated May 2, 1791 gives it as Erichsen...

Personar i skiftet :
(1) Brithe Hermundsdatter Datter
(2) Kari Hermundsdatter Datter
(3) Gunilde Hermundsdatter Død Datter
(4) Knud Andersen 18 Aar Dattersøn
(5) Hermund Andersen 14 Aar Dattersøn
(6) Brithe Hermundsdatter Datter
(7) Anna Hermundsdatter Død Datter
(8) Anna Johannesdatter 8 Aar Datterdatter
(9) Boets gjeld Kreditor
(10) Niels Hermundsen Jordanger Myndig Søn, gift
(11) Anders Knudsen Jordanger Gift med Gunilde
(12) Anders far Knudsen Jordanger Kurator/formynder fo
(13) Botolph Arnesen Lunde Guft med Kari
(14) Augund Trondsen Morchen Gift med Brithe
(15) Erich Hermundsen Opheim Myndig Søn, gift
(16) Erich morbror Hermundsen Formynder for Anna
(17) Johannes Nielsen Hillestad Gift med Anna
(18) Anders Pedersen Hasle Gift med Brithe

Edited by - Holly on 26/04/2008 21:38:15
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2008 :  23:25:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Karen Reutz and Mette Dorthea Adasmdtr are in the 1801 Telling. #628 & 629
Mette is age 23, and Karen is age 66, a Widow.

This one could be Ingebor Marie, listed as Marie Adamsdtr_reutz in the 1801 Telling #1513: http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=23&filnamn=f11425&gardpostnr=59&sokefelt=skjul her age is given as 30.

Claus (Rumohr) and family are in the 1801 Telling #256: http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=27&filnamn=f11425&gardpostnr=9&sokefelt=skjul

I noticed the old chronlogical parish record columns were filled in according to the last entry, not according to the dates of the other columns.
Go to Top of Page

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 26/04/2008 :  23:38:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Torsteen Trondsen of Morchen was bp 7/26/1820
His parents were Trond Augensen & Brite Ambiørnsdatter from Gahren (Garden), married 10/24/1779

24 10 1810 Trond Augunds. Morken ungkar Luster 1 Brita Torsteind. Eide Sogndal

I didn't find any Torstein or Tosten at Eide in 1776 Link & I couldn't find any baptism for her there.

The mother of Britte Tostensdatter from Eide was Kari Larsdatter. She left a will on 6 Feb 1830 at Eidet.

(1) Tosten Larsen 13 Aar Søn
(2) Michel Tostensen 42 AarLangnæs Søn
(3) Magrethe Tostensdatter 51 Aar Datter
(4) Brithe Tostensdatter Datter
(5) Anna Tostensdatter Datter
(14) Trond Augundsen Morchen, Hafsloe Gift med Brithe

Her death record at Eid:
23 Jan 1830 Kari Larsd. Eide kaarenke e(widow) born about 1750 .

Tosten Michelsen, age 72 & his wife Kari Larsdtr, age 51 were at Fretland in the 1801 census. There is no Britte with them, but there were 2 Britte's born to this couple in Fretland, the later of the two baptised on 6 Jan 1784 Sogndahl Parish.

14 Oct 1776 Torstein Mikkels. Sogndal Fretland (2nd marriage for him) Kari Larsd. Sogndal Kvåle

This is probably his first marriage 12 April 1764 Torstein Mikkels. Sogndal Aspeseter soldat 0 Margreta Nilsd. Sogndal Fretland

Here are Tosten Mikkelsen & Kari Larsdatter at Fretland, 1776
Link (bottom of the page)

Here is Kari Larsdatter, age 10 at Qvale with her parents, Lars Andersen & Anne Rasmusdatter Link
(right side page)

Kari Larsdatter was baptised 12 Sept 1750 in Sogndal.

Tosten Mikkelsen also left a will, dated 29 Apr 1809, filed in Kopanger, with Eidet as the Husmannsplass. In it, Britte is not yet married & his widow is "(1) Kerstie Larsdatter Enken"

(5) Britha Tostensdatter 25 Aar Datter

His death record: 2 Apr 1809 m Torstein Mikkels. Eide g 1731

Edited by - Holly on 27/04/2008 04:34:58
Go to Top of Page

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  00:00:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I noticed the old chronlogical parish record columns were filled in according to the last entry, not according to the dates of the other columns.

I almost think that poor organizational skills were a prerequisite for the priest's job at Hafslo. The years that we've been looking at are actually an improvement over the stuff in the first pages available for the parish.
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  03:28:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Found Cassie Adamsdtr Reüss confirmation record in 1755, 30 lines downon the 1st page. Unfortunately no age is given. http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1992&idx_id=1992&uid=ny&idx_side=-69

Hans (Munte) Reüss confirmation record in 1778. about halfway down, 1st page: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1992&idx_id=1992&uid=ny&idx_side=-75

Christopher (Munthe) Reütz confirmation record for 1782: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1992&idx_id=1992&uid=ny&idx_side=-91

There is also another Reutz on page 185. John Rudman Reutz, confirmed on the 4th Sunday ??? 1788. Probably a brother to the other listed Reutz's.

This looks like Erich Hermundsen's (Cassies's husband) confirmation record in 1772, 2nd page 11 lines down: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1992&idx_id=1992&uid=ny&idx_side=-63

Claus and Cassie must have been born in another parish. Claus could have been an early child after marriage.

Les
Go to Top of Page

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  03:49:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I accidentally happend across Mette Dorthe's confimation, Pg 203 (1755-1806)

quote:
There is also another Reutz on page 185. John Rudman Reutz, confirmed on the 4th Sunday ??? 1788. Probably a brother to the other listed Reutz's.

Sure is says Rudman & not Rumohr? Johan Rumohr Reutz was bp 28 Feb 1773, so would be about 15 in 1788. I checked it & it does indeed say Johan Ruhmor Reutz.

quote:
Claus and Cassie must have been born in another parish. Claus could have been an early child after marriage.

I agree. The first guess would be Laerdahl, though there's nothing in the databases that I've checked for either of them.

BTW, when Mette died in 1814, her will says that her brothers Hans and Aan(?) were at Sæbø, Viig, & Ole was at Bergen.

Edited by - Holly on 27/04/2008 04:05:29
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  04:28:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From the digitized parish records for Laerdal, the marriage record is available for Adam Reutz and Karen Clausd Rumohr. So, if we could find the missing years between 1758 and 1761, I think the birth record for Karen(Cassie) would be in there.

Les

I can't belive this, another digitized marriage record, and their residence is given as Tynjums Sogn.
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=3&filnamn=vi14221752&gardpostnr=131&sokefelt=skjul

Edited by - Lester Hanson on 27/04/2008 05:30:13
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  05:11:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Betty,

I can't seem to get a direct link to a good page which has a record for 7 different Reutz and 1 Reuss. So, I'll try and start from the beginning: http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebMeta.exe?spraak=e

Go to Church registers baptised.
Do a search for Father's Last Name, Contains show, and enter Reu
Select Reuss and Reutz
And it should give you a list of 8 different people, which should all be your relatives.

Les
Go to Top of Page

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  05:32:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Betty,

I can't seem to get a direct link to a good page which has a record for 7 different Reutz and 1 Reuss. So, I'll try and start from the beginning: http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/WebMeta.exe?spraak=e

Go to Church registers baptised.
Do a search for Father's Last Name, Contains show, and enter Reu
Select Reuss and Reutz
And it should give you a list of 8 different people, which should all be your relatives.

Les

I have baptismal dates for 10 of Adam's 12 children. The baptism's in Luster aren't in the DB for the whole fylke, but they are in the DB for Hafslo & Luster. The DB for the whole fylke at the national archives has identical info as the baptismal DB at http://fylkesarkiv.no/ It's easier to do date range searches at fylkesarkiv & it's also easier to figure out which parishes aren't included in the database. I know they're identical, because I've found errors & the same error is found in both DB's.

Edited by - Holly on 27/04/2008 05:38:50
Go to Top of Page

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  05:53:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

From the digitized parish records for Laerdal, the marriage record is available for Adam Reutz and Karen Clausd Rumohr. So, if we could find the missing years between 1758 and 1761, I think the birth record for Karen(Cassie) would be in there.

Les

I can't belive this, another digitized marriage record, and their residence is given as Tynjums Sogn.
http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe?slag=visbase&sidenr=3&filnamn=vi14221752&gardpostnr=131&sokefelt=skjul

The marriage record says she was from Tynjums Sogn Link Left hand side, second record for 1758.

Edited by - Holly on 27/04/2008 23:15:45
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  22:31:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Holly,

Your marrige link doesn't work, try this one: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=11594&idx_id=11594&uid=ny&idx_side=-220

Les

Go to Top of Page

Holly
Medium member

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 27/04/2008 :  23:13:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll have to remember to check all of my links. That's not the first one that I posted that didn't work. Thanks you!
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  05:45:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Adam Reutz and Karen Munthe Claus engagement record from Lærdal, 2nd page, last entry: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=11594&idx_id=11594&uid=ny&idx_side=-203

Les

PS This could be Adam and Karen's oldest son Claus' record for a daughter born to Claus Ruetz Munthe Mo and his wife Dorthe, named Karen Clasud, baptized 7 Nov 1790. http://digitalarkivet.uib.no/cgi-win/webcens.exe
The Digitallarkivet web sight is not working very good!!! Found her under the digitised baptism records for Lærdal.

Claus' last name is not following the patronomic custom. Is that because of the possible German ancestry connection.

Edited by - Lester Hanson on 28/04/2008 06:29:52
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 28/04/2008 :  07:39:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The parish records for Luster are missing for the years 1759-1761. Is it possible they were destroyed, or are listed at a different parish.
http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_id=11589

When you open the Birth & Baptism record for 1761, you can see thru the left page and see writing for 1761.

Any suggestions as to what happened to these records?

Les

There must be several pages stuck togather for the birth pages. When you look at page 60, you can see some marks on the next page, which match page 61. *******,

Edited by - Lester Hanson on 28/04/2008 08:06:02
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article