All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Kristian Klausen Kloster & Kirsten Olsen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2010 :  23:15:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking for marriage date for Kristian Klausen or Kristian Klausen Kloster and Kirsten Olsen. The year is 1896 in Stavanger. Kristian born Mar 2, 1873 and Kirsten born Jan 28, 1878.

Diane Wheeler

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  01:14:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Some more info may be beneficial.
Why do you think the marriage took place in Stavanger,
- where was Kristian born - is his bapt record #19?
and - where was Kirsten born?

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 09/12/2010 01:15:04
Go to Top of Page

dodgeboy12
RIP

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  01:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
See If This helps.1900
Jim
Erik Kloster was baptised at Sankt Petri kirke.

Edited by - dodgeboy12 on 09/12/2010 01:44:10
Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  04:19:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In family information that they were married in Stavanger. Kristian Klausen-Kloster was born in Utstein Kloster. He is no. 1. Kirsten born in Stavanger in Fatigunderstottet Haa, I believe. Kristian & Kirsten's children born in Norway are in Domkirken and St. Petri area. Kirsten's birth is St.Petri and is no.36. Does this help?
Thankyou

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  08:37:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erik Uelands bapt record is #50.
Berte Kristines bapt record is #130.

No hit for Kristian and Kirstens marriage so far.

Kristian Klausen Klosters parents were married July 7 1864, see #6, his parents were Claus Sjursen from Aabo-Søvde and Berthe Christine Christiansdatter.
Grandfather were Sjur Clausen and Christian Bengtsen.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 09/12/2010 11:14:13
Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  09:55:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, the #19 is Kristian's baptism record too. A bit hard to read but the same. The other baptism records sent are interesting too. I hadn't looked them up yet, as got my information on them from family search.
Thankyou.

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  14:00:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Kirsten born in Stavanger in Fatigunderstottet Haa,
- did this info come from #6217 in the 1900 census posted by dodgeboy12?

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Kåarto
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
5861 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  15:52:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kjertsten Uveland b. 1810 in Haa (probably Håland subparish) Stavanger, "e" widow and "FL" , lodger and familymember, "Fatigunderstøttet" supported by the welfare agency.

Kåre
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  18:21:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Their child born in October of 1897 was baptised in the the Domkirken Stavanger (cathedral church).

Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  19:42:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had another source, who had books and other information on the area, that gave me the information that Kirsten was born in Stavanger in Fatigunderstottet Haa.

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  22:38:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems to me that the information on Kirsten comes from the 1900 census, there are two Kjersten, the oldest one, born 1810, was born in Haa, Stavanger amt (County) coming from the farm Uveland = Ufveland = Ueland which is situated in Varhaug parish in Haa.

No info is available on where the younger Kjersten married to Kristian (Klausen) Kloster was born. From the baptismal records her name could be either Kirsten or Kjersten and she could either be born 1877 or 1878. Both children were "ægte" children and the marriage would most likely have been between all of 1896 and up to Oct 1897.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2010 :  23:09:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am not sure where the oldest Kjersten fits in. There were two other Kirstens. First a Kirsten Olsen born 19 Dec 1876 and she died 19 Aug 1877. The next Kirsten is my grandmother. She was born 28 Jan 1878. I have found her records in the St. Petri, Stavanger parish record. They are both had the same parents-Kristian Klausen (Kloster) and Kirsten Olsen. I do not know what the word "aegte "means. My norweigen dictionaires are not helping me.

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  00:28:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is no evidence of type of relationship that the older Kjersten Uveland has to the others in the household. The older woman is poor and receiving welfare - she is probably just a widowed relative boarder/lodger in the household. The older woman was born circa 1810 in Hå district of Rogaland. Hå parish records are available online for your research.

Diane, earlier you stated, "Kristian Klausen-Kloster was born in Utstein Kloster. He is no. 1. " What is that about?
no. 1?? of what?? Your Kristian was NOT the first born son of his parents -- their first born son was called Kristian but died when only 2 days old. YOUR Kristian was at least the 5th child born to that family.

Where are you finding "aegte"?? Don't you mean ægte ? If you find more Norwegian words you don't understand you can find good online lists of helpful words for Norwegian genealogical research. Check under Links at the upper right section of these pages.

Making the sources of your information clear as you bring it forward would help a great deal.

There is also a Kirsten Olsdatter who was born 1877 in Hå district of Rogaland.
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  03:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Take a look at this one. Kirsten born 19 Dec.1876 1877: #35.
Parents Erik Olsen and Martha Gurine Olsdatter.

Might as well add the marriage of Kirsten;s parents, 2 November 1866. Top of the page. http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=1680&idx_id=1680&uid=ny&idx_side=-54

I had the wrong birth year, so this info is probably not any good.

Les

Based on new informaion, the above Kirsten is the first daughter that died in 19 Aug 1877. Here is the birth record for her from the (copy) records. Note the age differences of the parents. http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=15881&idx_id=15881&uid=ny&idx_side=-500

Les again.

Edited by - Lester Hanson on 10/12/2010 19:22:18
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  05:22:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diane Wheeler

Am not sure where the oldest Kjersten fits in. There were two other Kirstens. First a Kirsten Olsen born 19 Dec 1876 and she died 19 Aug 1877. The next Kirsten is my grandmother. She was born 28 Jan 1878. I have found her records in the St. Petri, Stavanger parish record. They are both had the same parents-Kristian Klausen (Kloster) and Kirsten Olsen. I do not know what the word "aegte "means. My norweigen dictionaires are not helping me.

Can you tell us what page you found the birth of Kirsten born 28 January 1878. I have been searching thru a lot of records and can't seem to find her. If you could give us the http address, that would be great.

Les
Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  06:10:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The http address is http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:NBN:no-a1450-kb20070626630209.jpg This will take you right to the page. Kirsten is no. 106 on the page.

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article