All Forums | Main Page | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 NORWEGIAN GENEALOGY
 General genealogy
 Kristian Klausen Kloster & Kirsten Olsen
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  18:40:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the benefit of others, here is the permanent pagelink for Kirsten;s birth: http://www.arkivverket.no/URN:kb_read?idx_kildeid=15881&idx_id=15881&uid=ny&idx_side=-560

Les
Go to Top of Page

Lester Hanson
Advanced member

USA
567 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  04:07:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diane,
If you need additional records, I found Kristian Kloster's parents in the 1865 census. #1305 Chlus

Claus probably has a brother who is listed as #1299 Lars

Les
Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  04:31:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have Kristian's parents birthdates and names and dates of his siblings. Not who all the siblings married and their children though. Also do not have Claus or Christine Christiansd parents and siblings etc.. I don't expect you to hunt for all that though.
Thankyou

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  04:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As regards the age of Erik Olsen and Marhe Gurine Olsdatter, according to the record I found on Family Search, Erik is born 1840 and Marthe 1843. Marthe Gurine's father was Ole Swensen Omdahl.

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  07:55:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Erik Olsens bapt record is #324, he was born Nov 24 and bapt Dec 13 1840. His parents were Ole Sivertsen and Kersten Eriksdatter, Espenæs.

The family in 1865.

Ole and Kirstens marriage record, see #4 - Oles father was Sigbjørn, he must have changed his name to Sivertsen.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 11/12/2010 08:12:54
Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  08:19:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou. Some of that is hard to read. I'd never have found it. Have heard the name Sivertsen was used also. Some of Kirsten Olsen's brothers, changed their name to Ueland too. It can get confusing after a while.

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  08:25:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Marthe Gurin Olsdatters bapt record is #42. She was born Jan 25 and bapt Febr 12 1843.
Her parents were Ole Svendsen, Omdal and Marthe Børresdatter.

The family in 1865.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2010 :  20:22:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou. Apparently, when Marthe died, the dad Ole dissapeared and never seen again, so the kids were left. Am not sure who they stayed with when that happened or if the older ones were still at home.

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2010 :  09:26:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The information about Kirsten Olsen being born in Fatigunderstottet Haa may not be right. It is Kjersten Uveland that lived there. I think that is Eric Olsen's mother. In the family history book, it says Kirsten was born in Stavanger but am not sure where. Sorry for any misunderstandings on that one.

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2010 :  10:23:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
It is Kjersten Uveland that lived there. I think that is Eric Olsen's mother.
- yes, in the 1865 census Erichs mother was 56 years old (born 1810) and in the 1900 census it is stated that Kjersten was born 1810.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2010 :  11:16:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Claus Sjursen (35) and Berthe Christine Christiansdatter (24 1/2) were married July 7 1864, see #6.
Claus father was Sjur Clausen and Berthe Christines father was Christian Bergesen.

Claus baptismal record, see #25. He was born Sept 26 1829 and the parents were Sjur Clausen and Brita Kjeldsdatter, Brøndfladen under Aaboe.

Bertha Christines baptismal record is #56. She was born Sept 14 1839 and her parents were Christian Berjesen and Bertha Sørensdatter, Fjeldøen under Udstens Kloster.

Claus Sjursen 2nd wife was Tobia Thorsdatter, Galta, see #7. They were married Nov 3 1893.

Einar

Edited by - eibache on 17/12/2010 11:57:23
Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2010 :  20:11:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thankyou again. It seems like the date of Kristian and Kirsten's wedding, is hidden away somewhere. Not sure where to look next.
Am wanting to find information on a Bojine Knudson, who was Eric (Olsen)Ueland's wife. Eric being Kirsten's brother. I have her birthdate and death date and the area she is from. Should I start a new topic for that?

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page

eibache
Norway Heritage Veteran

Norway
6495 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2010 :  20:38:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Should I start a new topic for that?

- your choice.

Einar
Go to Top of Page

Hopkins
Norway Heritage Veteran

USA
3351 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2010 :  22:39:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Diane - Exactly which churches/parishes and what years in each have already been searched for the marriage of Kristian and Kirsten?
Go to Top of Page

Diane Wheeler
Medium member

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 16/12/2010 :  23:29:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At one point, I went through all the parishs for Rogaland. At that time I did not know, that Kristian had Kloster added on to his name sometimes. Lately, I have gone through the Stavanger parishes, looking up 1895-1897, just in case the date is wrong. Have not made the rest yet. I could have missed information, as sometimes the writing is hard to understand.
Seems like some of Kirsten's ancestors have come from Time, Varhaug and Bjerkreim.
For Bertinius Eriksen, Kirsten's brother, it mentions the residence as Aadlandsmarken. That was in Domkirken/Stavengar 1878-1889 p.139. Someone else found this information.
For the 1900-telling for 1123 Hoilands Aarsvold-it menions Betinius living with Elling Ellingsen and Anna Gurine Torjusdatter. So that must be where he went, once his mom died and dad dissapeared..Kirsten was very young when her mother died, so I don't know who she was living with.

Diane Wheeler
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Norway Heritage Community © NorwayHeritage.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000
Articles for Newbies:

Hunting Passenger Lists:

An article describing how, and where, to look for passenger information about Norwegian emigrants
    1:   Emigration Records - Sources - Timeline
    2:   Canadian Records (1865-1935)
    3:   Canadian Immigration Records Database
    4:   US arrivals - Customs Passenger Lists
    5:   Port of New York Passenger Records
    6:   Norwegian Emigration Records
    7:   British outbound passenger lists

The Transatlantic Crossing:

An article about how the majority of emigrants would travel. It also gives some insight to the amazing development in how ships were constructed and the transportation arranged
    1:   Early Norwegian Emigrants
    2:   Steerage - Between Decks
    3:   By sail - daily life
    4:   Children of the ocean
    5:   Sailing ship provisions
    6:   Health and sickness
    7:   From sail to steam
    8:   By steamship across the ocean
    9:   The giant express steamers

Search Articles :
Search the Norway Heritage articles

Featured article